Thank you for using the maternity services at Milton Keynes Maternity Unit. We would like to update you on the most recent changes we have made to our maternity services in response to the COVID-19 outbreak and most recent government announcements.
The current COVID-19 pandemic means we are required to make difficult decisions relating to the service that we provide. We make these decisions based on our duty of care both to you as expectant parents and to the staff who work for our NHS services.
We ask, at the moment, that you continue to only have one designated person who will be your support person throughout your pregnancy and birth care. We ask that you do not swap this person with any other unless they become unwell themselves and so are unable to attend to support you.
Should this person become unwell during your labour and birth and has to return home, an alternative person may attend.
COVID-19 Vaccination During Pregnancy
The COVID-19 vaccines available in the UK have been shown to be effective and to have a good safety profile. These vaccines do not contain live coronavirus and cannot infect a pregnant woman or her unborn baby in the womb.
- An easy-read version of this leaflet is available for people with a learning disability and their carers.
- British Sign Language videos are available to view.
- A Braille version of this leaflet is available to order.
- Paper copies of this leaflet are available to order for free or download in the following languages:
- English, English large print, Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese, Estonian, Farsi, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Latvian, Lithuanian, Panjabi, Polish, Portuguese Brazilian, Romanian, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Turkish, Twi, Ukrainian and Urdu.
Our pledge to you
You and your baby are the reason we are here and we aim to provide the best care possible for you.
While you are in the care of the maternity team at MKUH, we will do our very best to ensure that:
- The care we provide is evidence based and tailored to meet your individual needs.
- Your privacy and dignity is upheld throughout the duration of your labour.
- We will treat you with respect, kindness and compassion.
- We will communicate with you every step of the way so that there is a clear and open dialogue between us, and there is transparency in all that we do.
- We will listen to you and your birthing partner, to ensure that any fears or concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
To get in touch with any of our maternity services, please use the contact numbers below.
- Antenatal Day Assessment Unit (ADAU): 01908 996 481
- Antenatal: 01908 995 238
- Community midwifery: 01908 996 484 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm). Outside of hours, please leave a message. For immediate concerns, contact the labour ward
- Labour ward: 01908 996 471
- Screening: 01908 995 236
- Concerns about your pregnancy/maternity care on account of your ethnicity