Volunteers form an important part of Milton Keynes University Hospital.
Our highly committed army of volunteers can be found in all areas of the hospital. Volunteering allows people to give something back to their local community. All for as little as three hours a week. It is a great way to meet new people, make new friends and learn new skills.
As a volunteer you will help provide support to patients and staff. Our volunteers help in both clinical and non-clinical areas of the hospital. Volunteers meet and greet visitors, sit with patients at mealtimes, support staff on all wards including maternity & children’s wards where there are specific roles including breastfeeding peer support. Volunteers help with administration tasks and undertake reception roles which supports staff as well as patient experience.
All voluntary positions have a role description and training where appropriate. We will ensure that you are supported and comfortable in your role. All we need from you is regular attendance and a commitment to complete mandatory training.
MKUH welcomes applications from volunteers who are able to offer a minimum of three hours a week for at least six months.
Our recruitment process is as follows:
- Apply for the role you are interested in via https://trac.jobs/
- If you are shortlisted for the role, you will be invited in for an interview
- You will be asked to provide evidence that you have the right to work/volunteer in the UK
- Provide us with two references
- Undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formally known as CRB)
- Undertake an occupational health check
- Attend the two day Trust Induction and Mandatory training
You are now ready to be placed as a volunteer!
We have various volunteering opportunities across all areas of the hospital in both clinical and non-clinical departments, during the week and at weekends. By becoming a volunteer at Milton Keynes University Hospital, you can make a real difference to our staff, patients and their relatives.
Volunteering is open to anyone aged 16 and above (some restrictions may apply).
To contact voluntary services, click here.