As a volunteer you will help provide support to patients, their families and staff. Our volunteers help in both clinical and non-clinical areas of the hospital. Volunteers meet and greet visitors, sit with patients at mealtimes, support staff on all wards including maternity & children’s wards where there are specific roles. Volunteers help with administrative tasks and undertake reception roles which support staff as well as patients.
All voluntary positions have a role description and specialist training is also arranged, where appropriate. We want you to be supported and comfortable in your role.
Benefits of volunteering
- You are providing help and support for others
- You are making a difference to the lives of others
- You are giving something back to the local community
- You will gain confidence and improve your self esteem
- You will gain new skills, knowledge and experience
- You will meet new people and gain friendships
- Will support entry into university or college
- Improve your opportunity for future employment
- You will also have the opportunity to access the National Volunteer Certificate, achieved an award from Health Education England (HEE), accredited by Skills for Justice.
All we need from you is regular attendance and a willingness to complete mandatory training. By becoming a volunteer at Milton Keynes University Hospital, you can make a real difference and improve the hospital experience for our patients, their relatives and our staff.
Find our current volunteer opportunities HERE or scan
Please only apply for one role, the one which interests you the most!
Last Modified: 2:14pm 07/09/2022