Printed at: 03:22:46 / 17-08-2019
When travelling, take 2-3 times the amount of supplies required and split into separate containers, in case of loss or damage. These must be kept in your hand luggage. The Diabetes Nurses can provide you with a covering letter for when you travel.
- Basal insulin pen and/or basal insulin cartridges
- NovoRapid insulin pen and/or Novorapid insulin cartridges
- Blood glucose meter, test strips and lancets. Diary for recording results)
- Blood ketone test strips/meter
- Hypo treatment/ fast acting and slow release carbohydrates
- GlucoGel (formerly known as HypostopGel)
- GlucaGen HypoKit
- Plastic tub for disposal of needles/lancets
- Cool pack e.g. Frio (Diabetes Nurses have information leaflet)
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) available online here, by calling 0845 606 2030 or by picking up an application form from the post office.
- Identification-e.g. jewellery or ID card
- Tummy bug treatment e.g. Dioralyte.
- Any other medication that is being taken.
Use this checklist to ensure you have all the supplies you need when you travel with your child.
For more advice on travelling with a Diabetic child, click here.