Training and useful links
We do provide training on an ad hoc basis. This may be group sessions run at the hospital or individual tailored sessions. If you require any training, please contact the team on 01908 995 416 for information and cost breakdown.
Throughout the year we hope to put on a number of training days including an Oral Nutrition Support study day, MUST training and Home Enteral Feeding study day. If you would like to be added to the mailing list when these sessions become available, please email [email protected].
Please note these days are designed to be more appropriate for health professionals and carers.
- Complete Adult Oral Nutrition Supplement Formulary BLMK ICS Guidance Support
- Adult Enteral Tube Feeding Guidelines for adults in their own homes or care home
Care home pack
If you work in a care home in Milton Keynes and want to refer a patient, please check through this care home pack to ensure that you have fulfilled the criteria. This pack is full of useful ways to fortify food and homemade nourishing drinks as well as guidance on supplements that may need to be trialed before we see the patient.
Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool (MUST)
The MUST is developed by BAPEN and is a free nutritional screening tool that allows you to assess the risk of malnutrition for a person. It is validated for use in all adults, except those with learning disabilities. To view the tool, please click here.
Oral Nutrition Supplements
There are many different companies that produce nutritional supplements – some over the counter, some can be prescribed. Below are links to the main company pages, however, this may not be an exhaustive link as new products come out on a regular basis.
Over the counter products:
- Abbott nutrition: https://www.abbottnutrition.co.uk/
- Aymes: http://aymes.com/
- Fresenius Kabi: http://www.fresenius-kabi.co.uk/4727.htm
- Nestle Healthscience: https://www.nestlehealthscience.co.uk/brands
- Nualtra: https://www.nualtra.com/
- Nutricia: http://www.nutricia.co.uk/
- Nutrinovo: http://nutrinovo.com/
- Vitaflo: http://www.vitaflo.co.uk/products/nutrition-support/nutrition-support/savoury-supplement/vitasavoury-new/
Prescribing Support Dietitian for Adults
Katy Savage works with the BLMK ICS medicines optimisation team and is available to answer queries and provide training on appropriant nutritonal prescribing. She works one day per week (Tuesday) and can be contacted at [email protected].