Milton Keynes Cancer Centre brings together under one roof all hospital cancer services. It offers oncology, clinical haematology and cancer-related chemotherapy services, inpatient and outpatient services alongside a wellbeing support service.
It provides a dedicated space offering treatment and a wide range of information and support services to anyone affected by cancer, all within a comfortable and welcoming environment that is also appropriate for patients’ families.
Cancer Centre facilities include:
- Outpatient consultation rooms, procedure rooms and a specialist treatment rooms.
- A 24-bed inpatient ward (16 single en-suite rooms) including two two-bed bays and a four-bed assessment bay.
- Chemotherapy Suite.
- Irene Crosswell Macmillan Wellbeing Lounge.
- Holistic support and group therapy wellbeing rooms.
- 11 clinic rooms.
- Quiet rooms and family visiting rooms, a spacious and uplifting environment with beautiful landscaped gardens and artwork.
Within the Wellbeing Lounge, which offers information and support in the Cancer Centre, there is a group activity room, a therapy studio for patient clinic appointments and an information lounge. The wellbeing team includes a physiotherapist, dietitian and psychologist whowork within the lounge alongside nurses in supporting patients, assisted by volunteers who offer a listening ear.
A link corridor has been constructed between the Cancer Centre and the main hospital building for patients, visitors and staff to use.
Cancer Centre Help Line
We have a Patient Help Line for patients to use regarding questions and queries about Cancer Services and concerns regarding Covid-19 and how it impacts their appointments or treatment. The helpline will be open Monday to Sunday from 9am to 5pm. The number is: 01908 997 634.
Last Modified: 4:04pm 20/01/2022