Printed at: 01:33:14 / 05-07-2020


As you will be aware, the NHS is facing significant challenges regarding the COVID-19 virus. All Trust staff are fully engaged in meeting this challenge to ensure that all patients receive a good quality of care, at this difficult time.

Whilst investigating complaints, we are reliant upon our clinical staff to undertake an overview of the care provided to respond to the specific concerns raised. For the foreseeable future, our clinical staff will be focused solely on their clinical responsibilities and will have very limited time for administrative duties.

We would therefore like to make you aware that any complaint received during this time, which requires a full investigation with clinical input, will be logged but placed on hold until further notice. Any urgent concerns detailed in complaints will be actioned.

We are very sorry for the added distress or anxiety this may cause. We will, of course, strive to respond to as many complaints as we can, as and when the clinical input is available.

Should you need to make contact regarding your loved one, then please, wherever possible, do not contact the ward but call our dedicated family information line on 01908 995 963 where a member of staff will be available to assist you between the hours of 10:00am to 6:00pm daily including weekends and Bank Holidays. Outside of these hours please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Contacting your loved one

During this time, when you are not able to visit your loved one in hospital, you may wish to email them a letter and one or two photographs.

To do this, please email us at [email protected] attaching your letter and photograph(s). Please also provide your loved one’s date of birth and full name.

Upon receipt, we will print out your letter and laminate any photographs and deliver them to your loved one.

If you have any questions about emailing a letter or if you need any help, please call our PALS team on 01908 995954.

Thank you.

We want to make it easy for you to tell us about any concerns that you have so we can do our best to resolve them as soon as possible and use your feedback to improve the way we do things in the future.

Our complaints procedure is flexible depending on what you are looking for when you complain and how we can best resolve the issues raised.

How to make a complaint

Speak to a member of staff

Most issues and concerns can be sorted out straight away just by talking to the person looking after you or your loved one, such as a doctor, nurse or therapist.

If you are not happy doing this, or you have tried and are not satisfied with the response, then ask to speak to the person in charge of the ward, department or service.

You can also talk to our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who can help raise your concern with the right people.

There is no need to worry that telling staff of your concerns will affect your care – they would rather know that you have a problem so they can put things right.

Telephone us

If you wish to make a formal complain, you can call the Complaints office directly to discuss the best option for you or click here for our complaints leaflet.

Tel: 01908 996 260

Write in

Alternatively, you can make a formal complaint in writing.

Email: [email protected]
Post: The Chief Executive
Milton Keynes University Hospital
Standing Way
Milton Keynes

Help in making a complaint

For help on what to write in your letter of complain click here.

Anyone making a complaint about NHS treatment or care is entitled to the support of an advocate.

Click here to find out more about the support available and how to contact your local advocacy service.

Contact PALS
Leave a Review
Visit the NHS website