People and communities are at the heart of everything the NHS does.
At MKUH, community engagement allows the hospital’s teams and staff to work with the people and communities of Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas, in order to ensure the development of health and care services in a way that is tailored to people’s needs and preferences, wherever possible. This helps to ensure that services are designed and delivered as effectively as possible.
Through community engagement, MKUH can help to ensure the voices of people and our communities are heard, building understandings, relationships and collaboration which are all key to improving services and outcomes for all.
The hospital engages with the community in numerous ways, including through:
- The Council of Governors and the Trust membership
- Building relationships with faith and belief groups, including the work of the Trust’s Chaplaincy Team
- Schools engagement
- Collaboration and partnerships with local organisations
- Strategic development of the Trust’s estate
- HR, careers and employment opportunities
- Patient & Family Experience – Feedback on our services
- Research & Development
- Milton Keynes Hospital Charity
- Voluntary Services
Our teams and staff attend events, sessions and venues in the community, undertaking activities that enable them to hear what people think about current services and our plans to develop services, as well providing opportunities to participate in the development of our services or contribute to the hospital in various ways.
Listening to your views is important to us. You can let us know what you think through any of the following options:
- Tell us about your care at the hospital
- Read about our Trust’s Vision for 2030 by clicking here, and let us know your thoughts by emailing [email protected]
- Donate to MK Hospital Charity here, or learn more about the charity and its fundraising work here
- Learn more about Governors and membership by clicking here, or email the Foundation Membership team with your questions or views via [email protected]
If you would like to be involved in community engagement with MKUH in any way, please email [email protected]