Council of Governors
As a member of MKUH, you can stand for election to the Council of Governors (CoG).
The CoG is made up of representatives from public and staff constituents, as well as various stakeholder and partner organisations.
The Council of Governors:
- work with the Trust to make sure its long term plans match the needs of the local population and influencing proposals to make changes to services
- work with the Board of Directors to ensure that the Trust fully understands the needs of the local community
- represent the views of the wider membership
- appoint the Chair and other Non Executive Directors
- as well as attend CoGs meetings and actively and constructively contribute to discussions
Notice is hereby given that elections will be held for the Council of Governors for Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
In August 2019, elections will be held for a total of eight seats (three public seats and five staff seats). If you are a member of the public who lives in one of the constituency areas where a seat is up for election, you may stand as a candidate for that seat. Only staff members are able to stand for staff seats.
Please visit the online Council of Governors Election Portal to:
- View the election timetable
- Download useful documents
- Find answers to some frequently asked questions
- View the results (once the election closes)
Completed nominations must be received by the Returning Officer by Friday 19 July 2019. To see where elections are to be held and the number of vacancies available click here.
Bletchley & Fenny Stratford, Denbigh, Eaton Manor & Whaddon
- Alan Hastings
- Peter Skingley
Emerson Valley, Furzton, Loughton Park
- William Butler
- Douglas Campbell OBE
Linford South, Bradwell, Campbell Park
- Amanda Japson
- Akin Soetan
- Ekroop Kular
Hanslope Park, Olney, Sherington, Newport Pagnell
- Alan Hancock
- Brian Lintern
Walton Park, Danesborough, Middleton, Woughton
Stantonbury, Stony Stratford, Wolverton
- Carolyn J Peirson
- Robert Johnson-Taylor
Outer catchment area
- Paul Griffiths
- Amanda Anderson
Doctors and Dentists
Nurses and Midwives
Scientists, technicians and allied health professionals
Non-clinical staff groups e.g. admin & clerical, estates, finance, HR, management
- Michaela Tait
- Laura Davison
Milton Keynes Business Leaders
Youth participation representative
Milton Keynes Council for Voluntary Organisations (Community Action:MK)
Milton Keynes Council
Clinical Commissioning Group
If you would like more information, email [email protected] or call 01908 996 235.