Last Modified: 9:45am 07/04/2022
Ophthalmology is based in the Eye Clinic.
We run clinics for both adult and paediatric patients Monday to Friday by appointment only.
We provide the following clinic types:
- Refraction – checking spectacle prescriptions for adult and paediatric patients
- Low Vision – providing equipment and advice to help patients maximise their remaining vision following sight loss (including telephone follow-up)
- Contact Lenses – initial assessment, lens fitting and follow-up
- Keratoconus assessment – initial assessment and monitoring service
- Visual Fields – checking peripheral (outside) vision
- Ocular Coherence Tomography (OCT)/Retinal Photography – imaging service
- Medical Retina Clinics – Assessment and management of retinal conditions
- Vitreo-Retinal Clinics – Assesment and management of retinal conditions that may require surgical intervention
- Paediatric Ophthalmology Clinics – Assessment and management of children’s eye problems
- Glaucoma Clinics – Assessment and management of patients at risk or with raised intra-ocular pressures
- Glaucoma Devolved Care – management of patients at risk of/treated for glaucoma
- Oculoplastics Clinics – Assessment and management of lid and orbital conditions
- Cataract Clinics – Assessment of cataracts for surgery
- General Clinics – Assessment of eye conditions which do not require sub specialist input.
- Laser Clinics – Laser treatment for specified eye conditions carried out as an outpatient clinic appointment
- Intravitreal Injection Clinics – Eye injections for retinal conditions such as age related macula degeneration
- Botulinum Clinic – Management of conditions with involuntary eye lid / facial spasms
For more information about our Eye Clinic, the services and support they provide visit Eye Clinic – Milton Keynes University Hospital (mkuh.nhs.uk).
Unfortunately we do not provide a spectacle dispensing or repair service.