The adult inpatient survey is now live
Milton Keynes University Hospital (MKUH) is always seeking to gather feedback from patients to understand the things that we do well, as well as the areas where we can make improvements. The Trust is currently taking part in a national adult inpatient survey to find out what patients think about the care they received – this includes all adult inpatient wards.
Patients who have recently stayed in the hospital may receive a questionnaire between now (8th February) and April 2023 asking about their experiences. They will be asked about various aspects of their care, including the quality of care and treatment, communication with staff, information provided about your care and the environment of facilities.
Results from the survey will be used to inform how we deliver care and services to patients in the future. Feedback from the 2021 survey highlighted that communication was one of the biggest areas of improvement, specifically around the following:
- Ensuring information is not contradictory.
- Involving patients in decisions about their care.
- Ensuring information is given on discharge medications.
- Ensuring families are kept up to date regarding the care of their loved one.
As a result of the feedback we received, we have already made a number of significant changes, including:
- Introducing more ways for patients to give their feedback on the quality of care
- Improving the quality of food, as well as the choices available
- Providing an explanation to the patient and their families when a patient has to change wards at night.
Responses to the survey are confidential and the results of the survey will be presented in a form that does not allow any individual’s answers to be identified.
If you have any questions about the survey, or would like to provide any feedback directly to the Trust, please contact the Patient and Family Experience team – details as follows:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01908 995 954
Last Modified: 1:30pm 08/02/2023
For all media enquiries please contact [email protected]