Outpatient appointments update
Published 2 June 2020
Milton Keynes University Hospital has now started the process of gradually returning to see routine outpatients following the peak of the Covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
Please be aware of the following points if you have an appointment scheduled or are awaiting an appointment:
- During the peak of the pandemic it was necessary for us to cancel a large number of routine outpatient appointments. In order to rebook these patients within order of clinical priorities and length of wait, it will be necessary for us to reschedule further appointments from June onwards to accommodate these previously cancelled patients. All decisions to reschedule patients from June will be made in line with clinical advice.
- If you have an appointment booked from June onwards and we need to reschedule it, we will notify you by letter. Some patients may initially be contacted by phone or text message, followed up with a letter.
- If your appointment was scheduled between Monday 30 March and Friday 22 May and was cancelled by us, we will soon be in touch to reschedule your appointment with an offer of an appointment by letter. Some patients may initially be contacted by phone or text message, followed up with a letter.
- Where medically appropriate, we are changing some face-to-face appointments to telephone or video appointments. If this is applicable to you, you may initially be contacted by phone or text message, followed up with a letter.
- All instructions will be on your appointment letter or email for a video appointment.
- If you are symptomatic of coronavirus, please do not attend your appointment. Please notify us contacting our Central Booking Office on 01908 997050 in order for us to record this and offer your appointment to another patient.
- We are working hard to ensure that social distancing measures are in place for face-to-face appointments. For example, we are ensuring a maximum number of patients in waiting areas at any one time. You may be asked to wait in an alternative waiting area or return to your car whilst waiting to be seen. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your appointment time and only bring someone with you to your appointment if it is absolutely essential. Please limit this to no more than one person.
Thank you for patience and cooperation during this time. If you any questions or queries, please contact the hospital’s Central Booking Office on 01908 997050.
Last Modified: 11:37am 06/11/2020
For all media enquiries please contact [email protected]