Last Modified: 1:12pm 13/01/2022
About the MKUH BAME Staff Network
The Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Staff Network was launched in May 2020. We have increased substantially and exceeded the 10% mark of our BAME staff number within the Trust.
The BAME MKUH Staff Network believes that, in order for every individual to reach their full potential, there must be no fear of discrimination or prejudice and a belief that career opportunities or experience of work is not predetermined by ethnicity, nationality or colour.
Our aim is:
• To provide a strong and collaborative voice for BAME staff, BAME patients, BAME service users, carers and members of BAME communities.
• Encourage MKUH to maintain a safe and positive working environment for BAME staff and the elimination of racial discrimination for employees and patients.
• Be an independent and effective voice for BAME persons.
• To ensure that MKUH fulfils its statutory duties regarding race equality.
• To raise the visibility and profile of the contribution that MKUH BAME staff members make.
• Engage with other groups, including other internal and external staff networks, addressing unmet needs or increasing participation.
Contact: [email protected]