Cleaning and retubing your earmould
Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
Useful videos can be found on the internet by searching ‘C2Hear Online’
You should clean your earmould at least once a week and retube it when the tubing begins to harden or discolour.
1. Separate the earmould from the hearing aid by pulling the tubing away from the elbow of the aid. Hold the elbow firmly with one hand and hold the tubing firmly with the other hand, this way you won’t pull the tubing out of the mould or damage the hearing aid.
2. Wash the earmould in warm soapy water (hand soap). You can use a nail brush to remove any wax and let the water from the tap run through the tube to clean it out thoroughly.
3. Rinse the earmould in clean water and give it a good shake to remove any drops of water. Leave it to dry.
4. When it’s completely dry re-attach the earmould to the hearing aid. Make sure that the curve of the earmould matches the curve of the hearing aid. * The hearing aid itself should only be wiped with a dry cloth, do not wash it and do not let it get wet!
* The hearing aid itself should only be wiped with a dry cloth, do not wash it and do not let it get wet!
Cleaning and Retubing your Earmould
You can get tubing from your Sensory Advice and Resource Centre Milton Keynes (SARC) Telephone: 01908 401135, Email: [email protected]
If you have any problems contact Audiology Services on 01908 995199 / 995156 between 9.00-4.30pm Monday to Friday SMS text message on 01908 995199 / 995156 – but we cannot text back to you. Email: [email protected]