World Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Day 2022
Our Gastroenterology team and IBD nurses teamed up with CCUK Milton Keynes and Bedford to mark World IBD Day 2022, speaking with patients and visitors and providing information to raise awareness of IBD and its impact on people’s lives.
Crohn’s and Colitis are lifelong conditions. They are painful, debilitating, and many people suffer in silence throughout their lives. World IBD Day is a chance to get involved with our work, raise awareness about the conditions and hear other people’s experiences.
This year, there is an emphasis on people with IBD sharing their experiences. People are encouraged to strike up a conversation and find out what it has been like for them. This year many IBD patient associations would also like to raise awareness about IBD in elderly people to see how living with Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis is impacting on their quality of life and care.
- What information and support did you receive when you were diagnosed?
- How has the public stigma changed since you were diagnosed?
- Does your condition impact you in ways that it didn’t used to?
- How has Crohn’s & Colitis UK supported you in living well with Crohn’s or Colitis?
- How can your experience living with Crohn’s or Colitis be improved in the future?