New Public Governor elected
Milton Keynes University Hospital is delighted to welcome a new Public Governor to its Council of Governors (CoG).
Following the recent nominations process, Revd Francesca Vernon has been elected as Public Governor of the Wolverton, Stony Stratford and surrounding areas constituency.
Hospital Governors provide a vital link between the public, hospital staff and the Trust Board, ensuring the ideas, feedback and concerns of local people are listened to and taken forward. Their role is key in ensuring the Trust makes continuous improvement and meets the needs of the people who use local services.
- Listen to people’s views about the hospital and represent them on the CoG
- Provide opportunities for people to talk with them eg stalls, events, individual contact opportunities
- Hold the Trust’s Non-Executive Directors to account
As members of the Trust, Revd Vernon – who is Assistant Curate – Benefice of Wolverton, at Holy Trinity, Old Wolverton and St George’s, in Wolverton – nominated herself as Public Governor in the recent election process. MKUH has more than 2,000 public members who help to tailor services to the changing needs of the community, work to improve patient experience and help develop the future of MKUH and the healthcare community.
- Are invited to Council of Governors’ meetings, Annual Members’ Meetings and other special events.
- Offer ideas or raise concerns with Governors.
- Influence the development of the Trust and its services via the Governors.
- Vote to elect Governors who involve patients, families and the public in working to do things better, and even stand as Governors themselves.
If you would like to become a member, please complete the form here.
If you require further information, please email [email protected]
Last Modified: 10:58am 21/12/2023
For all media enquiries please contact [email protected]