MK Friends opens online shop for patients
Milton Keynes Hospital Friends Shop launches an online store for patients and their friends and family.
Patients can order from their ward or their relatives can order items to be sent to them whilst they are in hospital. There is a range of snacks, drinks, newspapers and magazines as well as essential toiletries on offer.
How does it work?
Credit and debit cards accepted. Minimum order £3.00 and there is a delivery charge of 50p.
- Go on the website like any other online retail shop: www.friendsshop.co.uk
- Select the items you want to buy; these will appear in your cart.
- In your cart, select the ward number the items need to be delivered to.
- Go to checkout and enter contact details of the person ordering and the name of the patient the order is for. You do not need to alter te delivery address details, just double check the ward number is correct.
- Continue to delivery section where you will be asked to entre a contact number and to confirm the patient’s name.
- Continue to the payment page, you can review your order before confirming payment.
The transaction will only go through if the delivery address included the ward number and MKUH postcode. The system will decline all other entries.
- Orders placed by 1600hrs will be delivered between 1300-1500hrs the following day unless otherwise stated on the website such as Christmas and New Year.
- The MK Friends team will phone the ward in the morning before delivering the items to make sure the patient is still on the ward and confirm delivery time.
- The MK Friends team will come to the ward entrance and notify the ward that that have a delivery ready for collection. A member of ward staff will deliver the package to the patient.
Last Modified: 10:06am 14/12/2020
For all media enquiries please contact [email protected]