How To Wear Your Wrist Splint
Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
• The straps of the splint should be done up over the back of the arm.
• The metal insert should run along the inside of the arm onto the palm of the hand.
• The splint should not restrict any finger movements.
• Splints can be washed in warm water, but the metal bar should be removed. When replacing the metal bar, ensure it is inserted the correct way round.
If you have been given a splint to wear
• For a fracture (Crack in the bone) – You should wear it at all times except for bathing
• For a Soft Tissue Injury – you should remove it at nigh