Hearing aid Maintenance Information
Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
Repair Information and Contact Details
Useful videos can be found on the internet by searching ‘C2Hear Online’.
SARC (Sensory Advice Resource Centre) provide the following support with for Milton Keynes Residents:
• Minor repairs – please see their ‘Hearing Aid Support Service’ leaflet.
• Replacement tubes/ domes – please contact SARC, who can post these to you, if you can fit them yourself (you will need to give them some information in your brown ‘hearing aid and battery issuing book’)
• Individual training sessions for you or your carer on how to maintain and retube your hearing aids.
How to contact the SARC team: SARC, Gloucester House, 399 Silbury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 2AH. Telephone: 01908 401135, SMS: 07803 452617, Fax: 01908 557609, Email: [email protected] Skype: sarc.office (BSL on Thursdays and Fridays) Website: www.sarc -bid.org.uk
Audiology Services offer a Drop-off Hearing Aid Repair Service:
• For faulty hearing aids , retubing, other minor repairs/ checks
Leave your NHS hearing aid and brown ‘Hearing Aid and Battery Issuing Record Book’ at Reception Level 4, Main Outpatients (Yellow Zone), Milton Keynes Hospital. The aid will be ready for you to collect approximately 24 hours later (excluding weekends and bank holidays). *Remember to bring your Record Book with you for repairs. *You may be charged if you lose or damage your hearing aid!
For repairs to your NHS hearing aid not covered by the SARC team, i.e. adjustments to your hearing aids, or for any concerns regarding your hearing, you may contact the Audiology Department directly (it is not necessary to get your GP to refer you). If your hearing aid is whistling, please get your ears checked for wax to ensure they are clear before booking an appointment.
All appointments to see an audiologist must be booked in advance:
For any queries, to discuss concerns, or to book appointments please contact us at:
• Audiology, Main Outpatients, Milton Keynes University Hospital, Standing Way, Eaglestone, Milton Keynes, MK6 5LD
• Telephone 01908 995199 / 995156 between 9.00 and 4.30 Monday to Friday.
• Fax 01908 997784
• E mail to [email protected]
We can also receive text SMS messages on 01908 995199 / 995156 but please note that we cannot text message back to you.
Where to find us
• Audiology, Level 4 (top floor) , Main Outpatients, Yellow Zone, Milton Keynes University Hospital.
We are not open at weekends or on bank holidays.