Foodbank support for Milton Keynes and surrounding areas
Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
MK Food Bank and Mobile Top Up Shop
Food bank: You can be issued with up to 6 Food Bank vouchers within a rolling 12-month period, after this time the food bank can help assess your situation and get you additional support.
Mobile Top Up Shop: For anyone who lives in Milton Keynes who is in financial hardship. There are a variety of store cupboard items and cooking ingredients available to buy. Individuals who live alone may buy a maximum of 10 items for £2. Couples and families can buy a maximum of 20 items for £4.
How to access: Call the Helpline and they will ask you some questions about your circumstances and can issue you with a food voucher number.
|Multiple locations around Milton Keynes. See Website for locations: www.mkfoodbank.org.uk
|Call the Helpline: 0300 303 4933 or text HELP to 07874 964 505. Helpline is open from 9:00 – 15:00 Monday – Friday
Comfort Memorial Food Bank
Provide a listening ear and food parcel to local people in crisis. Each individual or family is given an emergency food parcel (enough for a week) and they can refer to organisations that can support with longer term crisis. All food is donated by the community – churches, businesses, schools, and individuals.
How to access: They will never turn away anyone who hasn’t got a referral. A referral is preferred and could be completed by a health professional or someone from citizens advice. Form to complete by referrer: www.dropbox.com/s/7clr3qtijreww9f/CMfFA-Food-Bank-Referral-Form.docx?dl=0
|F15, Gloucester House, 399 Silbury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 2AH
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 11:00 – 15:30
|Tel: 01908 303784
SOFEA Community Larders
Each week, you can choose up to 14 items of food from their shelves for a small, fixed amount of around £3.50 but the food being worth between £12–£15 worth. Visit every week and you could save up to £400 every year on your food bill alone. A one-off £10 joining fee is required.
Become a member or for more details visit: www.sofea.uk.com/purpose-projects/community-larder/
|Stony Stratford: Tuesday 10:00AM–12:00PM York House Centre
|Fishermead: Monday 10:00AM–12:00PM
|Newport Pagnell: Wednesday 11:00AM–1:00PM
The Mead Centre
|Tinkers Bridge: Saturday 9:00AM–11:00AM
Tinkers Bridge Meeting Place
|Coffee Hall: Wednesday 10:00AM–12:00PM
|Bean Hill: Friday 1:30PM–2:30PM
Moorlands Family Centre
|Water Eaton (Church Centre) : Tuesday 14:00-16:00
Water Eaton Church Centre
|Westcroft (Westcroft Pavillion):Friday 10:00AM–1:00PM
|Great Linford: TUESDAY 11:00AM–1:00PM
Cross And Stable Church & Community Centre
Milton Keynes community fridge
The community fridges are open to all. Please bring your own bag and you are welcome to select up to 10 items.
Email: [email protected]
|Coffee Hall (Woughton Community Council)
Thursday 10:00-14:0007983 590511
|Tinkers Bridge (Meeting Place)
2nd Saturday with cafe 09:00-13:0007506 776232
|Conniburrow (Big Local Community Hub)
Friday 12:30-14:[email protected]
|St Mary’s Community Centre
Saturday 14:00-15:3007951 376967
|Great Linford (Little Bookshop) :
Monday 11:30-12:30 and Friday 11:30-12:30
|Netherfield (Vineyard Chapel)
Thursday 11:00-13:0007703 619574
|Water Eaton (Church Centre)
Tuesday 14:00-16:00 (13:00 cafe)
|Westcroft (Westcroft Pavillion)
Tuesday 14:00-16:0007891 818259
|Wolverton (The Old Bath House)
Saturday 12:00-13:3001908 310574
Buckingham Food Bank St Peter and Pauls Church:
Non-perishable and fresh food for Buckingham and surrounding villages. Have nappies, toiletries, female sanitary products, and other special items on request and can take note of special dietary needs e.g., allergies or intolerances.
This service covers short-term emergencies such a sudden unemployment or loss of benefits.
How to access: You will need to be referred by contact details listed below or through your doctors’ surgery, Community Nurses, Health Visitors or Social Services or Local churches.
|Buckingham Parish Church, Castle Street, Buckingham MK18 1BS
|Buckinghamshire Council Helping Hands on 01296 531 151 (Mon to Fri office hours)
0800 999 7677 (out-of-hours emergency)
Citizens’ Advice on 0808 278 7938 or 01494 785660
Leighton Buzzard: Leighton Linslade Helpers mTelephone.
- Food parcels
- Prescription collection/delivery
- Check in and Chat Café: Meadow way community hub. Coffee and hot meal for free or by donation. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 12pm-4pm.
- Community Fridge as part of hubbub.org.uk initiative: Where local people can share and access food, this includes surplus from supermarkets, local food businesses, producers, households, and gardens.
|30 Waterborne Walk, LU7 1DH
|To access any of the below complete online form: www.leightonlinsladehelpers.org.uk/newrequest
[email protected] / 01525 837219
Milton Keynes Muslim Association
MKMA support and supply families with food parcels. If you know any family who needs support or need support yourself, please call Amm Salim on the number provided below.
|Islamic Center MK
Trubys garden, Coffee Hall
|Contact Amm Salim on 07930105050
FoodCycle Milton Keynes Wolverton
Welcomes anyone to attend as a guest and enjoy a FREE hot meal. No need to book. Just turn up on the day. Family friendly and Disability friendly. Every Friday at 12:30 pm.
|The Old Bath House, 205 Stratford Road, Wolverton, Milton Keynes, MK12 5RL.
Every Friday at 12:30 pm.
Trussel Trust Foodbank Towcester
Provide food bank vouchers for non-perishable food. As well as food they can also supply additional items such as toilet paper, cat and dog food and items for babies. They work with a number of different agencies, such as Citizens Advice, children’s centres and health visitors.
How to access: You will need to get in contact with the foodbank directly on the number below or contact someone from one of their supporting organisations such as citizens advice to discuss your situation. They will then discuss the help that they can give and identify what support you require, including any special requirements you may have, from this they will create a voucher for you to use in the foodbank.
|St John Ambulance Hall, Islington Road, Towcester.
Tuesday 12pm –2pm
Friday 10.30pm – 12.30pm
|Call 07724 832043 or if urgent use the emergency number 07927 275168
To find wider Trussel Trust Foodbanks you can search on : www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/find-a-foodbank/
Baby Basics MK
Top-Up Shop: This service is for families. You will have the opportunity to purchase pre-made baby food and formula at a reduced price to help you stretch your budget further (CASH ONLY). Food and toiletry items are 10 items for £2 and Formula is £4 per tin.
MK Foodbank are also present at Top-up Shop where they have 10 cupboard food items for £2.
Top-Up Shop runs on Wednesdays 12.30-2 (Term-time only) at Kings Community Centre, Creed Street, Wolverton, MK11 5LY.
- Essential Items Service: can offer families in a difficult situation, essential items for their children from new-born to 6 years. If you feel you require this support, please reach out to any of the below services who will be able to assist you with a professional referral; Children’s Centre /Health Visitor /Midwife/ Social Services/ Your Child’s School/Nursery/ Your Local Church.
- Emergency Crisis Support: Baby Basics MK can respond quickly and provide support for clothing, equipment and toys for children from 0-6 years. Enquire at https://www.babybasicsmk.org.uk/
|Kings Community Centre, Creed Street, Wolverton, MK11 5LY Wednesdays 12.30-2 (Term-time only)
|Contact by phone on 01908 968488. Phonelines are open Monday to Thursday 9am-1pm.
- Trussel Trust Help through Hardship telephone line: 0808 2082138 (Lines open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Closed on public holidays)
- Turn2us support and advice with cost of living. Find out what may be available to you : turn2us.org.uk
- Milton Keynes Council Local Welfare Provision: Provide essential support in the event of an emergency. Can help provide beds /cookers or microwave / small Fridge Freezer /washing machine for families with children of school age or a medical need or flooring where there is a medical need or in one room where there is a young child who is crawling. Apply : milton-keynes.gov.uk/benefits/what-local-welfare-provision-lwp
- Milton Keynes Citizen Advice Bureau: Online, Telephone, Email or Video consultations for free advice, advocacy, support and mediation to meet the needs of people who are living in severe hardship, struggling to overcome difficult family and financial circumstances. Call Adviceline on Freephone 0808 278 7991 or visit Website: www.miltonkeynescab.org.uk