Exercises for Vertigo Sufferers
Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
First slowly, then rapidly.
- Up and down.
- From side to side.
- Focusing on your finger as it moves from three feet to one foot away from your face.
First slowly, then rapidly. Initially with eyes open, later with eyes closed.
- Bending forwards and backwards.
- Turning from side to side.
Sitting exercises in addition to the eye exercises
- Shoulder shrugging and circling.
- Bending forwards and picking up objects from the floor.
- Sitting down and standing up with eyes open and closed.
Standing Exercises in addition to eye exercises
- Throwing a small ball from hand to hand at above eye level.
- Throwing the ball from hand to hand under the knee.
- Sitting down and standing up, then turning round through 360 degrees.
Exercises for moving about
- Circle round a person who throws a large ball to you. Throw the ball back.
- Walk across the room. First, with eyes open, then with eyes closed.
- Walk up and down a slope. First, with eyes open, then closed.
- Walk up and down stairs. First with eyes open, then with eyes closed.
- Any game which involves bending or stretching and aiming e.g. skittles.