Abdominal CT Scan – Preparation
Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
Date of Scan:__________________________________
Time of Scan:__________________________________
Start drinking 1 Litre of plain cold water at _________________ on ________________ and continue to drink slowly until your appointment time.
• Do not stop taking any medication
• Have nothing to eat for three hours prior to your scan time
• You may drink clear fluids (including tea and coffee) until one hour before your scan time
• Preparation must begin at the correct time-we will be unable to rebook on the same day due to high demand for CT slots
• Please ensure a pink or blue cannula is in situ in an upper extremity for contrast
If you have any problems or questions regarding the CT scan or preparation, please do not hesitate to contact my department staff on the above telephone numbers.