Families and friends can now drop off items for patients
Milton Keynes University Hospital has introduced special arrangements for families and friends to be able to drop off certain personal items to patients under the current visiting restrictions.
To help tackle the spread of COVID-19 in order to protect both our patients and our staff, we are currently not allowing visitors to our hospital, with a few exceptions. However, the Trust has put in place a new arrangement with immediate effect which will allow families and friends can bring in one plastic bag of items per patient. On safe receipt of the bag, we will take them to the relevant ward.
If you would like to drop off a bag to a patient, please do the following:
- Please do not bring large holdalls or suitcases as we do not have the space to store these on the wards.
- Mark the bag with the patient’s name and date of birth.
- Fill the bag with items like clothes, toiletries, books and magazines, non-perishable foods and drinks in sealed containers eg biscuits or fruit squash.
- No glass or breakables.
- Please leave out valuable items eg electrical items, mobile phones and jewellery.
- Drop it off at the hospital’s Main Reception between 10am and 2pm each day. We are unable to accept bags outside of these hours.
- Please respect the social distancing measures in place.
Unfortunately the Trust is not able to accept flowers or balloons and we apologise for this.
Please note that the hospital cannot accept responsibility for any item that goes missing and items will remain with the patients and will not be returned.