Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
This splint has been issued to support both your wrist and thumb.
Wear and Care
• The splint should only be worn as directed by your hand therapist or Consultant / GP.
• The straps of the splint should be done up over the back of the arm.
• The metal insert should run along the inside of the arm and palm of the hand, and along the side of the thumb.
• The metal bars can be adjusted for comfort.
• The splint should not restrict any finger movement.
• Splints can be washed in warm water, but the metal bars should be removed. When replacing the bars ensure they are placed into the pocket the correct way and inserted into the internal fold to prevent them sliding out
• Alternatively the splint can be wiped down after wear with a wet wipe.
• If any areas of redness develop or the splint causes any changes in sensation remove immediately and contact the Hand Therapy Unit.
IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR CONCERNS REGARDING YOUR SPLINT THE HAND THERAPY UNIT WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP.
We can be contacted by phone on (01908) 995411.