Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
This splint has been issued to support your wrist and thumb.
Wear and Care
• The splint should be worn for the length of time directed by your hand therapist or Consultant/GP.
• The straps of the splint should be done up around the wrist and thumb.
• The metal insert should run along the outside of the thumb and wrist and can be adjusted for comfort.
• The splint should not restrict any finger movement and should allow movement at the tip of the thumb.
• Splints can be washed with warm water. The metal bar should be removed before washing. When replacing the bar, ensure that it is placed into the pocket the correct way and that it is inserted into the internal fold to prevent it sliding out. Alternatively, the splint can be wiped down after wear with a wet wipe.
• If any areas of redness develop or if the splint causes any changes in sensation, remove immediately and contact the hand therapy unit.
If you have any concerns or problems at all regarding your splint the hand therapy unit will be happy to help.