Printed at: 10:05:58 / 24-11-2020
Large volumatic spacer – single breath technique
Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
- Remove the protective cap from the inhaler.
- Shake the inhaler and insert into the volumatic spacer device.
- Place the mouthpiece in the mouth.
- Press the inhaler canister once to release a dose of the drug.
- Take a deep slow breath in.
- Hold the breath for about 10 seconds, and then breathe out through the mouthpiece.
- Breathe in again but do not press the canister
- Remove the device from the mouth.
- For a second dose wait 30 seconds before repeating steps 2-8.
Always rinse your mouth out after using steroid inhalers (e.g. Becotide, Beclomethasone, Flixotide, Seretide).