Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
The following exercises should be done 10 times each, at least 3 times a day. If you are unable to manage 10, start at 6 and gradually build up to 10.
1) Bend and straighten your knuckle joints, keeping the other finger joints straight.
2) With your hand palm down on the table, spread your fingers out sideways and then bring them together. Try to spread them as far apart as possible each time.
3) Place your forearms on the table palms down with your fingers spread out. “Walk” your fingers one at a time towards your thumb and then back again towards your little finger
4) Hold a letter, card or piece of paper between your thumb and index finger. Using your other hand try to pull the paper away. Now hold the paper between your index finger and middle finger, try to pull it away with your other hand. Repeat this holding the paper between your middle finger and ring finger and then your ring finger and little finger
5) Holding two golf balls in the palm of your hand. Rotate the golf balls towards your thumb trying not to let the golf balls touch each other
If you have any problems with these exercises, or are worried in anyway about your hand, please do not hesitate in contacting the department on (01908) 995411 or ask your therapist at your next appointment.