Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
1. Remove the protective cap from the mouthpiece of the autohaler.
2. Shake the autohaler.
3. Hold autohaler upright and push the lever right up.
4. Breathe out gently.
5. Keep the autohaler upright, place the mouthpiece in the mouth and close lips around it.
6. Ensure your hand does not block the air-holes in the autohaler.
7. Take a deep steady breathe in through the mouth.
8. Do not stop breathing in when the inhaler “clicks”, continue taking a really deep breath in.
9. Hold the breath for about 10 seconds then breathe out gently.
10. Push the lever down on the autohaler.
11. Wait several seconds before repeating steps 2-10 for a second dose. The lever must be pushed up (“on”) before each dose, and pushed down again (“off”) after each dose, otherwise it will not
Replace protective cap over mouthpiece.
Always rinse your mouth out after using steroid inhalers (e.g. Becotide, Beclomethasone).