How to use the Aerochamber
Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
Don’t share this medical device
Spacer should be replaced every year
When you see build up of medication inside the chamber please clean it as per instructions provided in its leaflet
1. Remove the protective cap from the inhaler and from the mouthpiece of the aerochamber.
2. Shake the inhaler and insert into the aerochamber device.
3. Keep the inhaler canister in position and place the aerochamber mouthpiece in the mouth.
4. Press the inhaler canister once to release a dose of the drug.
5. Take a deep slow breath in (if you hear a whistling sound you are breathing in too quickly).
6. Hold the breath for about ten seconds or as long as you can, and then breathe out.
7. Breathe in again but do not press the inhaler canister.
8. Remove the device from the mouth and breathe out.
9. For a second dose wait 30 seconds before repeating steps 2-8.
Always rinse your mouth out after using steroid inhalers (e.g. Becotide, Beclomethasone, Flixotide, Seretide)