Large volumatic spacer – multiple breath technique
Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
- Remove the protective cap from the inhaler.
- Shake the inhaler and insert into the volumatic spacer device.
- Place the mouthpiece in the mouth.
- Start breathing in and out slowly and gently. (As the valve opens and closes this will make a “clicking” sound)
- Once the breathing pattern is well established, depress the inhaler canister once, leave the device in the same position and continue to breathe (tidal breathing) in and out 5-6 more times.
- Remove the device from the mouth.
- For a second dose wait 30 seconds before repeating steps 2-6.