Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
Contrast Baths should be done 2 – 3 times a day to help reduce your swelling.
1. Prepare 2 bowls of water, one hot and the other cold
2. Immerse your hand and wrist in the cold water for 1½ to 3 minutes.
3. Then immerse your hand and wrist in the hot water for 1½ to 3 minutes.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 twice more.
5. End with a 1½ to 3 minute session in the cold water.
A sponge can be placed in each bowl and gently squeeze, so that the hand is moving during the soaking period.
If you have any problems or questions please do not hesitate in contacting the Hand Therapy Department on (01908) 995411or ask your therapist at your next appointment.