Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
These exercises should be done 10 times each, at least 3 times a day. If you are unable to manage 10, start at six, and gradually build up to 10.
1) Place your elbow on the table and twist the hand and forearm, so you are looking at the palm and then the back of your hand
2) With your wrist over the edge of a table or chair arm, slowly bend your wrist up and down
3) Bend and straighten your large knuckles joints, keeping the end two finger joints straight
4) Bend all your fingers into the palm of your hand to make a fist
5) With your palm down on the table, spread your fingers out sideways and then bring them together. Try to spread them as far apart as possible each time
6) Touch your thumb to each finger tip, when touching you little finger slide your thumb down until you are touching your palm under the little finger
If you have any problems with these exercises, or are worried in anyway about your hand, please do not hesitate in contacting the department on (01908) 995411 or ask your therapist at your next appointment.