Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
Elephant feet are designed to raise the height of chairs and beds by 9cm (3½”) or 14cm (5½”) depending on the ones you have been given. Elephant feet will accept leg diameters of up to 8.5cm.
Maximum user weight: 380kg (840lbs) including weight of bed per set of four raisers.
How to fit Elephant Feet:
1. Ensure the non-slip pads are in place on top of the Elephant Feet
2. Place two Elephant Feet close to the existing feet of the piece of furniture to be raised.
3. Carefully lift on to the Elephant Feet.
4. Repeat the other side of the piece of furniture.
5. Ensure that each leg is centred on the Elephant Feet. Test for stability. Use in static mode only.
You are strongly advised not to move the bed or chair with raisers in place. You should not raise a recliner chair if it is going to be used in the reclined position.
How do you clean this equipment?
The raisers should be cleaned with a cloth dampened with a mild detergent (such as washing up liquid) and hot water. Please ensure they are cleaned thoroughly prior to return.
For your safety
The Elephant Feet should only be used for their intended purpose. Please ensure that the back of the chair or bed being raised is positioned against a wall or solid surface.
Please regularly inspect raisers to ensure they are positioned correctly and safely and to check for any damage or wear and tear. The weight limit should not be exceeded. If the raisers are removed from the bed or chair for any reason please ensure they are refitted correctly prior to use.
When you no longer require your equipment, please contact Millbrook Healthcare on 0333 240 8995 to arrange collection.