Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
These exercises should be done 10 times each, at least 3 times a day. If you are unable to manage 10, start at 6 and gradually build up to 10.
1) With your wrist over the edge of a table or chair arm, slowly bend your wrist up and down
2) Keeping the end two joints of your fingers straight, bend each finger at the large knuckle
3) Bend all your fingers into the palm of your hand to make a fist
4) Spread your fingers out sideways and bring them back together
5) Touch your thumb to the tip of each finger starting at the index finger. When you reach the tip of your little finger slide your thumb down until you are touching your palm at the bottom of the little finger
If you have any problems with these exercises, your wound gets wet, or you are worried about your hand, please do not hesitate in contacting the department on (01908) 995411, or ask your Hand Therapist at your next appointment.