Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
Wear and Care
• The splint should be worn for the length of time directed by your Hand Therapist or Consultant/GP.
• When fitting the splint, the two springs should sit on either side of the middle knuckle with the leather pads in the palm of the hand and just below the tip of the finger.
• The splint can be washed with warm water and mild soap. Allow to air dry thoroughly before reapplication.
• Alternatively the splint can be wiped down, after wear, with a wet wipe, to maintain hygiene.
• If any areas of redness develop or the splint causes any changes in sensation, remove immediately and contact the Hand Therapy Unit.
If you have any problems or concerns regarding your splint the hand therapy unit will be happy to help.
You can visit the Hand Therapy Unit Monday to Friday between 8.30am to 12.00pm or 1.30pm to 3.30pm or phone (01908) 995411