Please note, this page is printable by selecting the normal print options on your computer.
Here are some activities to try with your child to help increase the stability around the hips. Try to include one or some of these activities into your child’s daily play.
1. Sitting on a ride-on toy and propelling themselves with their feet.
2. Jumping on a trampoline.
3. If age appropriate, pedalling on a tricycle or bicycle.
4. Outdoor play e.g. walking/running around, up and down slopes, balancing along a line.
5. Swimming. This is very good to build up muscle strength around the hips.
6. Games involving crawling on hands and knees.
7. Wheelbarrow games.
8. Playing in high kneeling at a small table.
9. Walking on knees.
If you have any queries about the above activities do not hesitate to contact your physiotherapist on 01908 660033 ext 85433.