Printed at: 03:13:37 / 17-08-2019
Paediatric Respiratory Nursing Team
The nursing team consists of two nurses, our aim is to make life easier for you and your child dealing with Cystic Fibrosis and Respiratory conditions.
Terri James, Advanced Respiratory Nurse Practitioner
Lorna Bass, Paediatric Respiratory Nurse
Although our role is extremely varied an overview of our services are:
- To provide support, treatment and advice to children and families in their home.
- Inform and teach parents how to include treatments into their daily lives with minimal disruption.
- Liaise with all members of the Paediatric team so that continuity of care is maintained.
- Support parents and carers through the difficult times. For example on diagnosis, when the child is unwell and when transitioning to adult care.
- Maintain regular contact with the child so that any changes in health are identified early and appropriate treatment given.
- Act as a resource for information about Cystic Fibrosis and Respiratory conditions to all involved in the child’s care, including the child themselves.
- Train and provide guidance to parents to administer medication as and when the need arises.
Tel: 01908 996 572