Equality and Diversity
Milton Keynes is a multicultural and diverse community. MKUH is committed to providing services that meet each individual’s needs. Treating everyone with the compassion and respect they deserve.
We want to encourage our staff, patients and visitors to foster an environment that is free from discrimination. Our vision and values act as principles to guide us in our thinking and actions. Our equality objectives serve to promote these standards.
Equality and Diversity Reports
The Trust is required to publish annual information that demonstrates its compliance with the Equality Duty as defined by the Equality Act 2010. This means that the Trust must demonstrate that it has given due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between employees who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between employees who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission recognises that the Global Pandemic has presented us with some unprecedented challenges and therefore the requirement for Reporting has been extended.
The EHRC has informed NHS England and NHS Improvement that NHS organisations will have the option to defer the publication of information and equality objectives, to comply with the Specific Equality Duties, until no later than 5th October 2021. The Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) remains fully in force and the EHRC on their website makes this clear.
To ensure the Trust meets its PSED we publish our Annual Report. In prioritising our response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, currently the Trust has not yet published our report however we will do so at the earliest available opportunity to meet the extended timeline of 5 October 2021.
Director of Workforce
- EDI Annual Report - 2020/21
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2021 – 2024
- Equality and Diversity Annual Report - 2018/19
- Equality and Diversity Report 2017/18
- Equality and Diversity Report 2016/17
Equality Delivery System Report
Gender Pay Gap Report
- Gender pay gap report 2020/21
- MKUH Gender Pay Gap Report 2019/20
- MKUH Gender Pay Gap Report 2018/19
- MKUH Gender Pay Gap Report 2017/18
- MKUH Gender Pay Gap Report 2016/17
Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) Report
- WRES Report 2020/21
- MKUH Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) Report 2020 - 2021
- MKUH Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) Report 2019 - 2020
- MKUH Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) Action Plan 2018/19
- MKUH Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) Action Plan 2017/18
Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES) Report
- WDES Report 2020/21
- MKUH Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES) Report 2020-2021
- MKUH Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES) Report 2019-2020
- MKUH Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES) Action Plan 2018/19